Monday, July 9, 2012

Products I've Used Up

As some of you might know in a few weeks I'm moving back to England, click here for my blog on that and life in general. So I decided to try and use up as many products as possible so I'm not wasting anything. 

So here are some of my empties. 

Seaweed Extract Body Butter.
I got this as a present ages ago and when I first started using it I wasn't crazy about, I liked the smell but I found it was a bit too thick for me. However recently I started reusing it and found it so great and it left my skin so soft, moisturized and lovely smelling.


Palmolive Mineral Massage Shower Gel
I've been using this product for a long time now about 3 or 4 months and I'm loving it. I use it everyday in the shower and it exfoliates my skin really well. I come out of the shower feeling so soft. The smell is lovely really refreshing. 
This shower gel contains Aloe Vera and Dead Sea Salts which have healing properties in them so if you have an irritation or graze it does wonders to the skin. 
After using this my skin feels so hydrated and relaxed. I use it together with my scrub gloves and it works a treat. 
Another thing that I love about this Product is the colour. It is really inviting and bright. 


Nettle Shampoo for Greasy Hair
Like the palmolive shower gel I have been using this for quite a few months as well. I started using it because I was having really bad problems with my hair. It would get dirty really quickly which I never used to have a problem with and it would be really itchy. It got so bad that my scalp had scabs on it because I had been scratching so bad. Yeah I know disgusting right? 
So the shampoo and conditioner that I was using was not working for me at all and I just didn't know what to do. 
I then was talking to someone and we got onto the subject of hair and she said that she has the same symptoms as me. She told me that she had just bought a nettle shampoo. 
The next time I was at the supermarket I was looking at the hair products and saw the nettle shampoo that she had been talking about. So I grabbed it and since then have not used anything else. It fixed my scalp problem and I am so thankful. It makes my hair so soft and every time I wash my hair it feels so fresh. 
This shampoo is also a bargain. It is under €2.

Tea Tree Essential Oils
I picked this up last time I was in England because they don't seem to have it in Italy. I have used it in my homemade face masks and I now use it in my homemade aspirin toner. Go here to read my post on that.
Tea tree oil is really good for the skin and helps clear up acne seeing as it has anti - bacterial properties in it. 
If you get it as an essential oil like me you should always dilute it with water otherwise it could cause skin irritation. 

Hansaplast Disinfectant Liquid
So I use this for my homemade toner, so I might be cheating a bit because I still have my homemade toner but oh well. 
This is already my second bottle of disinfectant. Ir's so simple to use and you can use it on it's own or like me make a toner using it. 
I will definitely be repurchasing this product. 



Soap and Glory Hand Made Hand Cleansing Gel. 
I also bought this last time I was In the UK. I was in boots and saw this and seeing as my other one had just run out I decided to pick this up.
I think it's really cute and easy to fit it you handbag. I love the fact that it's pink and it has such a gorgeous smell. 
It is also a disinfectant, so a win win really.


Nivea Creme
A couple of months ago I was in a beauty shop and I saw these mini Nivea Creme. I picked one up for my dad because he was getting really dry hands and seeing that they didn't cost very much I got another one for me.
I like this product, however it is very thick so I wouldn't advice using it as a day cream. I used it on dry patches on my arms and also as a hand cream and it worked really well. 
Also you get quite a lot of product in the pot. As I said I purchased it a couple of months ago and I've only just finished it. 


There are my empties.
Have you used any of these products? How did you find them?

Izzy 
xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment