Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tips and Tricks for Nice, Healthy Nails









I am certainly no nail expert, however here are some tips and tricks that I do and have learnt to get nice, healthy nails.

So if like me you love painted nails then make sure you put a base coat on before putting the colour. This applies especially to cheapy nail varnish.
I learnt this the hard way and unfortunately am still paying for my mistake.

Give your nails a break every so often from nail varnish. This is because changing the varnish every day or few days means that you need to keep on using nail varnish remover which causes the nails to become dehydrated.
To help this you can moisturize your nails either with any kind of body or hand lotion or you can buy cuticle cream.

Keep a nail file in your bag at all times. Then if a nail chips you can fix it there and then and it won't catch on things or distract you from what you are doing.

Eating healthily is a good way to maintain healthy nails. So having a variety of things in your diet will help with that.

The last tip is one that my nan gave me, and it is to eat jelly. Jelly obviously contains gelatin which has protein in it and this helps strengthen your nails. So if you eat a cubeof gelatin or some jelly everyday you're sure to be left with strong and nice looking nail


No comments:

Post a Comment