Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Tips on Tuesdays: Care For Your Face

This is a very important subject, the reason for this is because no one  wants to look 10 years older than they really are. However this could happen if you do not look after your complexion.
It only takes a few steps and a little bit of effort to keep your skin looking youthful and gorgeous.

The first tip is to make sure that the stuff you are using to wash your face is good for your skin. For example,    using a bar of soap to clean your face is a big no no for me. 

To get your face looking smooth and radiant you should definitely have a cleansing routine. This routine should be done 2 times a day.
This will stop most of the skin problems. Having a cleansing routine will make your face feel clean and make it look great. 
I know for a fact that this works. Ever since I've got into a proper skin routine my face is so much better than it was before.

The next thing to do to get great skin is decide and find which product is best for you. This will of course depend on your skin type.
I went through year trying to find the right product for my skin. I tried out so many face washes, I even went to the doctor who prescribed me certain creams to clean up my acne etc. 
Finally,touch wood it looks like I've found the products that are working for me. 

There are so many products out there from drugstore ones to high end ones, so there is bound to be a product that fits your skin type.If you don't want to try out a drugstore face wash because you're scared that your acne will get worse then go to the doctor or a dermatologist like I did and he/she will take a look at your skin and give you something that will probably work well on your skin. 

The next thing that you can do to get healthy skin is look up home remedies on google or youtube. I got a great homemade toner off the Internet. Take a look at it here

Another good thing to do is moisturize, especially if you have dry skin. 
When moisturizing during the day use a gentle one so it sinks in well, leaves your skin feeling soft and it also helps your foundation and concealer stay on well. 
When you moisturize at night it is fine to use a thicker one, this is good because it works well during the night,  and in the morning you wake up with lovely soft skin. 

The next tip is a very common one and it's to drink water. Click here for my blog on water. 

A bad habit that a lot of people do, and I am guilty of this, is touching the face. It's important to try and not do this. The reason for this is because our hands have oils on them and these oils will clog our pores which will then lead to blemishes, so however tempting it is to do this do not pick at your spots or if you do make sure your spots are ready to pop. If they're not ready it will only make them worse. 

The last tip is something that I actually don't but probably should do, and this is to protect your face with an SPF. If like me you don't do this maybe we should start to, because otherwise over time our skin will get damaged due to the ultraviolet rays.

Here is a picture of someone who didn't use an SPF

http://sharebeautytv.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/sun_damage.jpg

So there you have it, my tips of the week

Izzy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment